Jacquot Trail Tour
Transfers: Included (Additional $10-$15 USD)
Tour Schedule: Tuesday to Sunday, 6:00 A.M.
Terms & Conditions: All bookings are confirmed after full payment is received
Other Terms & Conditions: Cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to tour departure
Named for St Lucia’s proud symbol Jacquot, the Amazona Versicolor parrot. The Jacquot Trail immerses hikers in the wonder of the island’s best asset, nature.
Begin a gradual ascent into the mature Caribbean Oceanic forest and get up close and personal with the mighty chatannier, an impressive hardwood with expansive buttress root systems or the incredible strangler ficus, which grows around the host tree in an interlocking lattice before replacing it entirely.
The hike affords wonderful opportunities to learn about St Lucia’s flora and fauna as experienced Nature Interpreters guide you across ravines and creeks deeper into the mature forest. Spot giant ferns and remarkable epiphytes, and keep your eyes peeled for the trail’s namesake and a host of other birdlife, and learn how the bountiful forest was an integral part of traditional St Lucian life, for food, medicine and materials.
- Light breakfast
- Jacquot trail hike
- Nature interpreter/ Tour guide
- Transfers (Collection & Drop-off)
- Wear insect repellent
- Walking/hiking shoes mandatory (no high heels, sandals or flip flops)
- Hike is not suitable for pregnant woman or persons with back or neck injuries
- Children below the age of 12 are permitted on this tour
Terms & Conditions
- Booking is confirmed after full payment is received
- Copy of a valid I.D. is required for all payment authorizations
- Cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to tour departure
- Full refunds are applicable with cancellations made at least 24 hours prior to tour departure
- No refunds within 24 hours of tour departure
- All pertinent information related to the tour will be sent to you via email
- Some activities may require you to sign liability waivers prior to the activity
- All pre-existing medical conditions must be pronounced prior to the commencement of any tour
- Tropical Discoveries cannot be held liable for any injury caused by negligence of the tour operator to you or your belongings