Southern Enchantment Tour
Enjoy a private, comfortable scenic drive, from Gros Islet, through Castries, down the West coast of St. Lucia. Pass through the historic fishing villages of Anse La Raye and Canaries, to the climatic town of Soufriere. Experience our island paradise upclose and at your pace.
There are many wonderful view points along the way; you can stop and enjoy the scenery, taking full advantage of the photo-ops. There are also several delightful and cultural shops to visit as you venture down the coast, such has the locally famous kasava bread shop, where you can taste homemade banana, strawberry, chocolate, ginger or peanut kasava bread. You would have never guessed how good this bread tastes, so don’t miss the opportunity to sample this cultural bread!
The Southern Enchantment tour is personalized and custom designed to suit your desire. Enjoy a private, comfortable scenic drive, from Gros Islet, through Castries, down the West coast of St. Lucia. Pass through the historic fishing villages of Anse La Raye and Canaries, to the climatic town of Soufriere. Experience our island’s paradise up close and at your pace.
There are many wonderful view points along the way. As you enjoy the scenery, take full advantage of the photo-ops. There are also several delightful and cultural shops to visit as you venture down the coast, such has the locally famous kasava bread shop, where you can taste homemade banana, strawberry, chocolate, ginger or peanut kasava bread. You would have never guessed how good this bread tastes, so don’t miss the opportunity to sample this cultural bread!
Once in Soufriere, choose from a range of amazing natural enchantments such as a Waterfall, the drive-thru Volcano, the therapuetic Sulphur Springs Mud Bath, a charming Tete Paul hike, a challenging Piton hike, a remote beach near the Pitons and so much more…
A delicious local cuisine is what awaits you after your first activity. Help yourself to a satisfying buffet, rich in local flavors from a restaurant hand-picked by Tropical Discoveries. Enjoy this lunch with a mouth quenching, freshly squeezed, local fruit juice. Take your time and digest not only the food but the scenery of this historical colonial town, with some buildings dating back centuries…
Engage your second activity with confidence and experience yet another unique encounter with St. Lucia’s natural beauty.
End your day with a nice, calm and cool, sunset drive, cruising back up to the island’s north…
Full Activity List (choose two)
- Toraille Waterfall – a breathtaking waterfall gushes 50 feet over a cliff side and cascades into a pool at the centre of a charmingly landscaped garden. A nature trail with quaint bridges and walkways leads you through the lush greens and dazzling colours of this tropical paradise, with its small botanical garden. You can take a cool and refreshing bath under the mineral rich waterfall. There is also a modified natural pool to take advantage of, as you soak in the peaceful surroundings. This waterfall is particularly easy to access and has washroom and changing room facilities.
- Diamond Waterfall & Botanical Gardens – arguably the most colourful waterfall in the Caribbean. What makes this waterfall stand out is that its waters were laced with minerals as its stream emanated from rainwater mixed with volcanism giving the falls a rather colorful appearance that seemed to change often. The Botanical Garden path winds its way from the mineral baths through ferns and banana plants to a spot where the Diamond River drops into a picturesque waterfall. This beautiful waterfall is approximately 17 metres in height and is a mixture of rainwater and volcanism fed by the Sulphur Springs. The water is laced with minerals, sulphur, copper sulphate, magnesium, iron, manganese and calcium, all contributing to the kaleidoscope of colours that adjourn the rock face behind the falls. The rock face continues to change colour depending on the mineral content at any given point in time.
- Drive-thru Volcano – visit an interpretation centre, which reveals the area’s timeless secrets and also view a scintillating 5 minute video production of the area’s geology. Your guide will then take you for a first hand view of the geothermal system and while there narrate the area’s geology, chemistry, history, mythology, sociology and flaura and fauna. While you listen to our fumeroles hiss as they exhale and watch the boiling springs angrily act up, for a moment just imagine the cauldron of red hot magma just below your feet which gives rise to the activity within which you stand. From the main viewing gallery you can watch our minerals dazzle and play tricks under the effects of the sun before your very eyes and if you’re lucky enough you may see one of the geysers misbehave.
- Sulphur Springs Mineral Bath – The waters flowing within the park and within the pools are ranked along side the waters of the Baden Baden in Germany, Yellow Stone Geysers and Hot Springs in Wyoming, USA and Onsen Ryokan, in Japan. They are world renowned for their ability to reduce stress, cure rheumatism, psoriasis and other skin ailments. In fact, in 1784, under instructions from King Louis XV1 of France, samples of the mineral saturated water emerging from Sulphur Springs were analyzed in France and found to possess similar medicinal properties to the waters of the Aix-les-Bains. Many have called it “the fountain of youth” as it is claimed that you feel 10 years younger after a soothing warm dip in this mysterious mineral bath.
- Rythym of Rum – Rum is the Spirit of St Lucia. It is the connection of a people to its history – a link between hands in the soil from which sugar is grown, to hands in the air as we express ourselves at carnival. St Lucia Distillers captures and bottles that spirit. The process starts using molasses, the by-product of sugar manufacturing, puts it through a heavily controlled and monitored fermentation process, distils and then blends to achieve the right balance and flavours. The rum is then aged, each to the product’s specifications, blended, bottled and distributed. The distillery has maintained a reputation for fine rums and liqueurs that are enjoyed in St Lucia and exported all over the world. Take this tour and see the rum making process for yourself… however the best part is at the end where you get to have a sample of the full range of rum produced, which will guarantee that you are merry when you leave!
- Cocoa Plantation – Unique to the Rabot Estate, and drawing on their expertise as a chocolatier and as a grower, this is an exclusive opportunity for you discover cocoa like never before, as well as to create your own chocolate. The experience starts with a walk through the estate’s cocoa groves, selecting ripe cocoa pods to cut from the tree and ends with making your own chocolate bar. The tour includes all the fascinating stages in between – from seedling nursery, fermenting room and sun-drying station to grinding, mixing and lots of tasting!
- Tete Paul Hike – Hike a short trail through medicinal plants and trees, exotic fuit trees such as guava, avocado and soursop. Once at the top gazed upon a view that has been described as absolutely heavenly. From the majestic Pitons to the far away islands of Martinique and St. Vincent, you can see it all from points along the trail. The gorgeous southern side of St. Lucia including Jalousie Bay is easily visible along the way. You can even see Fond Gens Libre, Choiseul, Maria Island, and Vieux Fort while on Tet Paul.
- Piton Hike – Whether you are a beginner or experienced hiker, you will find the tour of the Gros Piton a rewarding trail. The first half of the nature trail from Fond Gen Libre is an easy hike, while the second half is more challenging with a steep ascent to the summit of Gros Piton. There is never a dull moment on your trek and it will be hard not to stop and wonder at the sights all around you. When you get to the summit, your feelings of accomplishment and exhilaration are only enhanced by a spectacular view of St. Vincent to the South and Martinique to the North. You will be spoiled for choice and overwhelmed by the lush environment teaming with unique plants and animals including unusual species of birds. From the highest tree canopies to the mysterious caves and rock shelters, you will be deeply satisfied with all the rare natural wonders there are to discover.
- Driver & tour guides
- Local buffet lunch with local juice
- Admission fees for all activities
- Transfers (Collection & Drop-off)
- Price per person is reduced as participant numbers increase
- Price may vary dependent on the activities selected
Terms & Conditions
- Booking is confirmed after full payment is received
- Copy of a valid I.D. is required for all payment authorizations
- Cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to tour departure
- Full refunds are applicable with cancellations made at least 24 hours prior to tour departure
- No refunds within 24 hours of tour departure
- All pertinent information related to the tour will be sent to you via email
- Some activities may require you to sign liability waivers prior to the activity
- All pre-existing medical conditions must be pronounced prior to the commencement of any tour
- Tropical Discoveries cannot be held liable for any injury caused by negligence of the tour operator to you or your belongings